Axon Sports has worked hard to create a resource for those looking to implement concussion management. Not unlike Xenith helmets and “The Enlightened Warrior”, Axon has put information out to help with education and awareness. The title page says;
Welcome to Ahead of the Game – your Axon Sports Concussion Management toolkit. This practical online resource offers cutting-edge tools, best practices, and other items to improve the effectiveness of your concussion management program design, delivery, and discussions.
If you’re involved with a School, League, Team or Club, these tools can help you get your program up and running faster and smoother.
One in 10 young Athletes will suffer a concussion this year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The actual number is likely much higher as concussions continue to go unrecognized and underreported. We also know that 80 percent of Athletes will fully recover when their concussion is recognized and managed early. What we don’t know is — who are the other 20 percent?
This information is available for a limited time for non-account holders at THIS LINK. Another company that is trying to help the cause of erasing the stigma of head injuries, and making more aware of the concussion issue.
Article source: http://theconcussionblog.com/2011/05/19/ahead-of-the-game/