PARTNERS IN PREVENTION
Across Canada, we are having discussions with athletes of all ages, their families, coaches and organizations about avoiding, assessing and eliminating concussions from our National Sports. The good news is, we are gaining momentum.
We are asking for your help to continue this work, because we know you appreciate how important sports are to Canadian families. But you also know that no one wants their child to be put at risk. Through your advertising sponsorship, you can help support this work at a time when the topic is top of mind and you can be seen to be supporting solutions that respect the game and its players.
Change the mindset, not the game.
At stopconcussions.com, we have worked with NHL players and alumni, European hockey players, CFL players, Major League Soccer and medical professionals. Together, we have developed some key tools:
- Our respect campaign is helping coaches, parents and players to play safer and more effectively.
- Our educational campaigns for parents, coaches, officials and athletes promote awareness and skill enhancement, along with behavioural change, as the keys to help prevent injury.
Ee’re taking our message to the street with our annual Canadian Regional Tours that will consist of Educational Tips, Video Training, Helmet Fitting, On Ice/Field Clinics, Seminars and Athlete Appearances.
Our presentations, player appearances, active website, smartphone apps, social media and public service ads – are all geared to stop concussions.
We need your help.
If we don’t tackle the problem together – sports will never be the same:
- Players will stop playing and parents will stop putting their kids into sport leagues.
- There is no pill, no Band-Aid no piece of equipment that can solve the problem.
- Only through education can we reduce the incidence of concussions.
- We need your funding support to help stopconcussions.com reach its goals.
Stopconcussions.com supports the following direct educational and awareness platforms:
Education, Prevention, Management and Research.
- On site seminars across Canada to speak with Parents, Coaches, Trainers and Athletes.
- Distribute TIPS manual, information booklets, online e-learning manuals – across North America.
- Central information hub for those who need to ask questions and find concussion related information.
- On ice drill seminars across Canada to train “respect” on the ice.
- Research, development and implementation of new drills and techniques.
- Classroom style seminars for coaches and trainers – safe principles in sport, including respect and the Play It Cool platform.
- Research on equipment, helmets and other sources to help protect all athletes.
Awareness and support
- Monthly events to help raise awareness and provide community involvement.
- Provide opportunity for our Ambassadors and others who have been concussed to give back to their local communities and tell their stories and get involved.
- Annual Brain Injury Association conferences across North America and parts of Europe
- Interactive display booths at local area arenas – one on one with kids on concussions and education.
- Concussion Symposiums across North America and parts of Europe
- The Eric Pelley Scholarship fund – awarded once a year
- Hospital visits and direct reach to athlete’s who have been concussed and need direction for a recognized doctor in their area.
- Administrative support for stopconcussions.com
Management and Research
- fitMIND clinic
- Play It Cool Program
- Play It Safe Program
- Lakehead University
- Boston University
• Leaderboard (located in the spotlight of homepage): 712 x 389 , welcome formats are gif/jpg/png
• Feature Logo Message board (located on the homepage): 7 second rotation, welcome formats are gif/jpg/png
• Box Ad (located on every subpage): 150 x 150, welcome formats are gif/jpg/png
Additional opportunities are available with our social media/marketing intiatives as well as in our various video coverage.
For more information, and to receive our media kit, please contact:
Toni Miil firstname.lastname@example.org