Athletes usually require a diet higher in calories than non-athletes. The actual number of calories your child needs to consume depends on numerous factors, including body composition, weight, height, age, stage of growth, and level of fitness and intensity, frequency, and duration of exercise activity.
Top Ten Nutrition Tips For Kids Playing Sports
- Make sure your child drinks enough fluids
- Practice supplement safety
- Optimize Muscle Recovery
- Remember Pre-Exercise Meals
- Target Carbohydrates For Energy
- Protein’s The Building Block
- Don’t Forget Some Fat
- Keep Kids’ Fuel Tanks Filled
- Variety Is The Spice Of Life
- Get Your Kids Energized!