Your privacy is important to us. Stopconcussions.com is committed to undertaking reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of all of the personal information that is provided to us. Please read the following description of our policies and practices regarding your personal information.
GENERAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
In the course of operating, stopconcussions.com we may collect two types of information about our users (Personal Information and Non-Personal Information) for the purposes of research, site development, and marketing and promotions.
Personal Information is personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, birth date and gender. We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us when registering for a service, such as subscribing to a stopconcussions.com service, enter a stopconcussions.com promotion or choose to receive a stopconcussions.com newsletter. In addition, if you choose to contact any of our representatives or athletes, we may keep a record of that correspondence so that we may fully address the subject matter.
Business contact information such as the name, title, business address, email address or telephone number of a business or professional person or an employee of an organization is not considered Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information of an anonymous nature, such as an IP Address (Internet Protocol Address), the domain used to access a stopconcussions.com service, and the type and version of browser or operating system being used. Information, such as demographic statistics of our users (e.g. geographical allocation, gender, etc.), number of visitors and average time spent on a stopconcussions.com page, is also considered Non-Personal Information.
stopconcussions.com may also use Non-Personal Information to inform our sponsors and advertisers as to the performance of a particular sponsorship or advertisement. In such case we may disclose to those third-party sponsors and advertisers the demographics available or who saw and clicked on an advertisement. No Personal Information will be disclosed to these sponsors and advertisers as part of this process; only anonymous information will be disclosed.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• stopconcussions.com and their agents,athletes and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances. For example, when you visit stopconcussions.com, we may collect personal information from you such as name, home address, e-mail address, age, favorite NHL team, purchase history, products used or searched for, phone number used to call customer service and credit card information for purposes such as events and contests; registrations for our newsletter, subscription for our magazine, chat room and bulletin board; shopping; and participation in other promotions and interactive online activities. We may collect personal information with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
• Additionally, certain third parties (such as companies that run certain fantasy games and auction areas on the website) may collect personal information from you and share some of the personal information with us. On these parts of the website, you will see additional information about the privacy practices of the companies who actually collect the data, including information on how to opt out of having these companies use your personal information for purposes unrelated to providing you the services that you are requesting from the website. These companies are not stopconcussions.com’s responsibility for the treatment of your information by these companies.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal Information for the following purposes:
Providing you with stopconcussions.com services and information that you have requested from us, we may periodically use your Personal Information to contact you about changes, enhancements or similar notices related to stopconcussions.com;
If you indicated that you were interested in receiving offers or information from stopconcussions.com, we may send you e-mails and other mailings about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
If you enter a contest or other promotion offered on stopconcussions.com, we might, under the rules of the promotion, use your name and certain other information to administer the promotion, such as announcing, contacting and promoting the winners of the promotion;
stopconcussions.com may also use Personal Information if it has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law or in order to protect or defend a legal interest.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will only disclose your Personal Information to business partners and other third parties;
Where you have specifically given us your consent to disclose your Personal Information for a designated purpose;
Who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers, solely to enable us to more efficiently provide you with stopconcussions.com services. Such entities act under strict contractual controls, requiring them to maintain the confidentiality of all such Personal Information and to use such information solely for purposes related to the provision of stopconcussions.com;
As required by law, including by an order of any court, institution or body with jurisdiction or authority to compel the production of information, or in order to protect or defend a legal interest; or
• Consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information may be given in various ways. Consent can be express (for example, orally, electronically or on a form you may sign describing the intended uses and disclosures of personal information) or implied (for example, when you provide information necessary for a service you have requested, or in some circumstances where notice has been provided to you about our intentions with respect to your personal information and you have not withdrawn your consent for an identified purpose, such as by using an “opt out” option provided, if any). Consent may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or a person having a power of attorney). When you voluntarily provide us with your personal information, we assume you consent to its collection, use and disclosure in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as described at the time of collection, subject to any uses and disclosures you have opted not to participate in. In some circumstances, we may expressly request your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or provide you with an opportunity to opt out of certain uses or disclosures of your personal information. In some limited circumstances where permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent, for example, to collect a debt that you owe to us, to comply with a court order or to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency. You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
• We may use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send marketing communications to you. We may use other personal information you provide, to send you particular communications that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also share personal information among stopconcussions.com for this same purpose.
• We may also use your personal information such as your name, home address and e-mail address to send you offers from our marketing partners and other business partners, and we may share such personal information with certain of these partners so that they may send you offers directly, if you have opted to receive information from such partners.
• Personal information may be used or disclosed among stopconcussions.com (which includes organizations outside of Canada) for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
• We do provide personal information to agents who perform services for us or supply goods (such as fulfillment companies), including companies outside Canada. These agents are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purposes other than as directed by stopconcussions.com, subject to requirements in relevant jurisdictions, including foreign jurisdictions, applicable to those organizations. For example, we may also share your personal information such as name, address and telephone number with certain third parties such as manufacturers of products you purchase to complete or ship your order or assist manufacturers with your questions concerning products offered by the Shopping tab. Additionally, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. We may also employ other companies (including Market Researchers) and individuals to perform functions such as fulfilling orders, customizing products, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, performing credit checks and approvals, detecting fraudulent orders, processing credit card payments, collecting on delinquent accounts and providing customer service, and we may share your personal information with these companies and individuals. In addition, we may use information automatically collected from you, including the telephone number used to call customer service and information collected through cookies, for uses such as customer service and detection of fraudulent orders.
• We may also use aggregated, non personally identifying information collected from you when shopping at the Shopping tab to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and generally to improve the Shopping tab and better tailor it to meet your needs.
• We also use personal information for: maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities; meeting legal, regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
• IHW may otherwise disclose personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
• If you would like more information on our personal information sharing practices or the choices you have with regard to your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that a third party may actually operate the Shopping tab and use and disclose your personal information for that purpose among other purposes. The third party operator of the Shopping tab and not stopconcussions.com is responsible for the treatment of your information by the third party operator of the Shopping tab. Information about the privacy practices of the third party operator of the Shopping tab is on the website.
Online surveys ask users for their e-mail address and demographic information. This demographic and profile data is collected and used for the following purposes:
• Research and Development.
• Website Enhancement.
• Marketing and Promotions.
Users may exercise their right to opt out at any time by contacting the service manager via e-mail.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ADVERTISEMENTS
The majority of the advertisements, which are displayed in connection with stopconcussions.com, are served through a reputable third party advertisement-serving partner.
CHILDRENS’ PRIVACY STATEMENT (USERS UNDER 13 YEARS OLD)
At stopconcussions.com, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. It is the intention of stopconcussions.com, the operator of this website, and stopconcussions.com to fully comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and the Guidelines promulgated by the Children’s Advertising Review Unit of the Better Business Bureau.
• In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (“children”) via the website, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting personal information on the website, such as in our fan chat rooms.
• From time to time, we may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests via the website. In those cases, the child will be asked only to provide an email address, as well as his or her parent’s email address. Upon receipt of the information, we will send an email to the parent indicating that the child has registered, providing information on the program and giving instruction on how the parent can remove the child from the promotion or contest. We will then use the information only to notify the contest winners and their parents that they have won. We require that the winner’s parent provide us with all information needed to award the prize. Information collected during the contest will not be used or stored after the contest ends, other than as needed for legal requirements in connection with the promotion. In no event will stopconcussions.com collect any personal information from children in connection with an on-line contest or promotion other than email address and parent’s email address. In no event will stopconcussions.com use the personal information other than for purposes of awarding contest prizes.
• We may also post information on the website about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address or favorite hockey team) to enter. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the website and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to independently provide personal information via the website or to enter these contests online.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS